Whether you are looking for a position in the IT, ERP or Engineering sector, we’ve made it easy for you to find the perfect job. For an in depth discussion about your career objectives and opportunities, please speak with one of our experts who will guide you through the whole process.
Data Cabling Engineer (12 Month Contract)
Location: Newbury, UK
Start: 6th January 2020
The company is looking for a Data Centre (Cabling) Technician to join the existing manager to support three close-proximity sites in Berkshire on an initial 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension. The Engineer will ideally, but not mandatorily, have strong experience working in a Data / Research Centre environment and will have demonstrative practical and working knowledge of Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling standards and techniques of Installation, Patching, Terminating & Testing. The Data Centre (Cabling) Technician will be responsible for but not limited to the below.
Data cabling engineers fulfil an essential role by delivering often complex cable solutions for data systems, including the copper and fibre data infrastructures for client equipment installations as well as expansions for existing data systems. In addition, they solve technical engineering problems (i.e. routing) relating to cable systems works.
• Manage and implement all ticket based BAU / Break Fix and other installation
• Terminating, testing, patching and labelling of all cross-connects (COAX, Cat5, Cat6, Fibre)
• Pulling and installing cable (different operating heights)
• Manual handling of materials delivered to works site
• Solving issues related to cables and networks
• Responding to ad-hoc requests as directed by the customer
Relevant Training & Experience
• Install Cat5, Cat6, 6a, 7 Copper / OM1 – OM4
• Experience of Telecommunications / Data Infrastructure Cabling deployments
• Ability to absorb and manage new services and applications
• Experience and temperament to deal with multiple site works
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) or ECS
• CDM Awareness, Asbestos, Health and Safety Training.
• Interpretation of AutoCAD (or equivalent) 2D/3D/BIM drawings / files.
• Experience of Physical Security deployments
• Qualifications - BICSI, CTPM, Huber & Sohner, CommScope or similar
• Experience of LAN / IPT & Wi-Fi deployments
For more information, or immediate consideration for this opportunity, please contact Charlie Grant at CPS Group UK on 02920 37 55 99 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the form below and submit it to send your application for this job.
This website uses 'cookies' to give you the best, most relevant experience. Using this website means you're happy with this. You can find out more about the cookies used by clicking this link.