Whether you are looking for a position in the IT, ERP or Engineering sector, we’ve made it easy for you to find the perfect job. For an in depth discussion about your career objectives and opportunities, please speak with one of our experts who will guide you through the whole process.
Unix Support Engineer
My market leading client are looking to secure the services of a contract based Unix Support Engineer to assist with supporting their key client based over the coming months. Ideally coming from a service provider background, the ideal candidate will be available to start immediately.
Rate: £350 - £375 per day
- Linux system administration background, preferably RHEL
- RedHat / CentOS Exposure
- Experience with Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Scripting skills in Bash, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- In depth Linux knowledge including LVM and SAN Multipathing
- Ability to set up bonding, LACP and VLAN Tagging on network interfaces
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals, NFS, and iptables
- Ability to configure email servers with sendmail or postfix
- SolarWinds Suite (TFTP Server, DHCP Server etc)
If you feel you are a good match for this position or know a good Unix Engineer who would be, please send an updated CV with each application. Alternatively, please call 02920 37 55 99 and ask for Adam Rees for a confidential conversation!
Please complete the form below and submit it to send your application for this job.
This website uses 'cookies' to give you the best, most relevant experience. Using this website means you're happy with this. You can find out more about the cookies used by clicking this link.