Whether you are looking for a position in the IT, ERP or Engineering sector, we’ve made it easy for you to find the perfect job. For an in depth discussion about your career objectives and opportunities, please speak with one of our experts who will guide you through the whole process.
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity where you can utilise and develop your Linux and networking skills? If so, read on...
My client based in the outskirts of Cardiff currently have an exciting, newly created, opportunity for an Linux / Networking Engineer to join their growing business.
The role will initially be 90% project based, though it will eventually be a real mix of project and operational BAU Admin / Support. You will be working to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment, working within customer SLAs, continual improvement of the operation. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to –
• Implementation and Maintenance of any proprietary tools and/or security requirements.
• Maintaining a Hosting environment
• Create and keep up to date all relevant network, server and data related security policies
• Ensuring data centre compliant with relevant data protection laws including GDPR
• Operationally maintain Linux based hosting including the migration of such systems between various hosting solutions, whether that be Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or our own hosting.
• Resolving /reported faults escalated via Front Line support teams within tight SLA's.
• Keep up-to-date with all the latest developments in hardware/software and propose/apply such Technology where support benefits can be gained
My client is looking for technically strong / ambitious, Infrastructure/Networking Engineers who are passionate about developing their technical skills. To apply for the position, you’ll be expected to have experience with most if the following technologies –
• Cisco IOS, Routers, switches (including Vlans and spanning tree)
• Network Management Systems e.g. Flow
• Sound knowledge/troubleshooting of TCP/IP including use of packet sniffers
• Cisco Load balancing Citrix Netscaler
• Cisco Nexus switching
• Cisco ASA firewalls, Firepower IPS/IDS and IPSEC VPNs.
• Server load-balancing
• TCP/IP protocols - TCP/IP, NLB, DNS, DHCP & SNMP
• Cabling infrastructures and design
• Network Analysis tools e.g. Fluke network monitors
• LAN Configuration/management NAT and PAT
• VPN Technologies – using Cisco
• Redhat, Centos, Ubuntu + Debian Linux administration including scripting (bash awk etc.)
• NetFlow, Cisco IP SLA and Cisco EEM
• Project experience
• Data protection knowledge (PCI Compliance)
• ITIL Foundation certification
• Cisco CCNA Security certification
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company based in Cardiff, offering a challenging yet enjoyable working environment & the chance to develop your cloud computing skills – this could be the one for you.
To find out more, please send in an up to date CV in the first instance.
Please complete the form below and submit it to send your application for this job.
This website uses 'cookies' to give you the best, most relevant experience. Using this website means you're happy with this. You can find out more about the cookies used by clicking this link.